Festival Staff / March 5, 2013
• Directional signage has been added to the Mall to assist in locating accessible routes.
• Accessible restrooms are located in buildings open for the event. A unisex accessible restroom is located in the Main Library.
• If you have questions concerning access or wish to request accommodations please contact the Disability Resource Center at (520)621-3268 Voice/TTY or DRCemail@example.com
• Please refer to http://parking.arizona.edu/pdf/maps/disabled.pdf and the map above showing parking restrictions on Saturday, March 9th.
• Note that:
o Location and number of disabled parking spaces is designated on the map circles.
o U of A disabled parking permit is NOT required on the weekends.
o The 2nd Street Garage is reserved for authors; shuttles are available from other garages.
Requesting a Sign Language Interpreter
• To insure the availability of a Sign Language interpreter, please make an online request at http://drc.arizona.edu/InterpRequest/RequestAdd.asp OR contact Catherine Mazzola at firstname.lastname@example.org; (520) 626-4471.
• A Sign Language interpreter will be available on a limited basis on-site throughout the Festival. Please inquire at the TFOB Volunteer Center in the Student Union.
Requesting and Obtaining Receivers for Assistive Listening Systems (ALS)
• Requests can be made for ALS prior to the Tucson Festival of Books by emailing DRCemail@example.com or calling (520) 621-3268 and noting date, time and location.
• There will also be receivers available at Festival presentation locations with ALS signage at the entry. Request your receiver from the designated venue Moderator and return after use.
To rent a wheelchair or scooter prior to the Festival, please contact:
• American Mobility, 628-7480
• Metro Med, 323-9500
• National Rehab, 323-7400