Disability Related Access, Accessible Parking, Sign Language Interpreters and ALS
Festival Staff / February 8, 2014
Disability Related Access
- Directional signage has been added to the Mall to assist in locating accessible routes
- Accessible restrooms are located in buildings open for the event. A unisex accessible restroom is located in the Main Library, 1st floor near elevator.
- If you have questions concerning access or wish to request accommodations, please contact the Disability Resource Center at (520) 621-3268 Voice/TTY or DRCemail@example.com.
Requesting a Sign Language Interpreter
- To insure the availability of a Sign Language interpreter, please make an online request at http://drc.arizona.edu/InterpRequest/RequestAdd.asp OR contact Catherine Mazzola at firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 626-4471.
- A Sign Language interpreter will be available on a limited basis on-site throughout the Festival. Please inquire at the TFOB's Volunteer Center in the Student Union.
Requesting and Obtaining Receivers for Assistive Listening Systems (ALS)
- Requests can be made for ALS prior to the Tucson Festival of Books by emailing DRCemail@example.com or calling (520) 621-3268 and noting date, time and location.
- There will also be receivers available at Festival presentation locations with ALS signage at the entry. Request your receiver from the designated venue Moderator and return after use.
To rent a wheelchair or scooter prior to the Festival, please contact:
- American Mobility, (520) 628-7480
- Metro Med , (520) 323-9500
- National Rehab, (520) 323-7400