Overwhelming author response to 2010 Festival
How authors can participate in 2011 FestivalAuthors wishing to become part of the 2011 Festival of Books can join a waiting list by filling out the nomination form.
A member of the Author Committee will contact you if you are selected. Due to the volume of requests, we are unable to respond to every submission.
A number of New York Times best-selling authors were among the hundreds who participated in the Tucson Festival of Books, March 13-14, 2010, on the campus of the University of Arizona. The field included top names in romance, mystery and science fiction.
Two favorites from the inaugural festival, J.A. Jance and Elmore Leonard, were among the headliners. Others included:
- Dan Balz, whose book "The Battle for America 2008" is an authoritative account of the 2008 presidential race.
- Frank Beddor, whose "Looking Glass Wars" trilogy is a critically acclaimed re-invention of Lewis Caroll’s "Alice in Wonderland."
- Alice Hoffman, whose novel "Practical Magic" was made into a film starring Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman.
- Phil Caputo, whose memoir "A Rumor of War" was one of the definitive books about the Vietnam War.
- Janis Ian, the author of "Society's Child: My Autobiography," on her life as a folk singer and songwriter.